23 September 2016
Go To News Feed
Last year the government asked Jayne Anne-Gadhia, CEO of Virgin
Money, to lead a review into the representation of women in senior
managerial roles in financial services. This work complements
the government's wider programme of work to tackle gender
inequality and support women in the work place.
Collinson Group has signed up as a signatory to the HMT Women in
Finance Charter for all roles within Insurance & Assistance and
as a result will deliver against the following recommendations:
- Assign a senior member of the executive team who is responsible
and accountable for gender diversity and inclusion
- Set internal targets for gender diversity in senior
- Publish our progress towards these targets annually
- Have an intention to ensure the pay of the senior executive
team is linked to the delivery of these targets
Our internal targets for gender diversity in senior
management are as follows:
- We will not appoint to senior management without first actively
engaging with all of the female potential successors in the
department to help them assess their readiness for a new challenge
and to encourage potential candidates to apply for the role.
- We will interview at least one female candidate in at least 90%
of selection for roles in senior management.
- Over the next 12 months we will aim to at least maintain the
representation of females in our senior management population at
- Talent management processes will be in place and actively
supported in the next 12 months.
- Talent management processes will include targets for the
inclusion of female employees.
- We will work with females who are selected for talent
management processes to identify if additional mentoring or
coaching would be of value in helping them achieve the next layer
in the organisation.
- For Executive posts, we will identify the most likely female
successor (irrespective of "time before ready for post") and ensure
that development plans are in place.
- Ensure that all succession plans contain at least as high a
proportion of females as for our total population at that
We have the intention to ensure the pay of the senior
executive team is linked to the delivery of these
The internal targets for gender diversity in senior management
will form part of the objective set for every member of the
Insurance & Assistance executive team within Collinson
Group. Progress towards them will be formally reviewed at the
end of April 2018 and performance vs all objectives which include
the gender diversity targets will be part of the overall
remuneration outcome for the 2017/18 Financial Year.
Your senior executive team member who is responsible and
accountable for gender diversity and inclusion is:
Business Development Director
Get in touch
To ask for more information about us, leave us a message or to get in touch, see our Contact page.